All About Me
Dawn - edging ever closer to 30, although I still feel like I'm 21. :) I'm married to a youth pastor ('Big G'), and have THREE wonderful kids: a five year-old son ('Little G'), a just turned two year-old daughter ('A'), and our newest little girl blessing, Baby R, was born May 28/07!! They keep me hopping as I juggle them, my WAH part-time job as an accountant, being a pastor's wife, and of course hobbies like quilting, scrapbooking, and blogging!

My Complete Profile

More about this blog


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Family Friendly Blogroll []

Blogs I Read
PCOS Baby
Julia
Callapidder Days
Rocks in My Dryer
Life in a Shoe: The Methods and Madness of One Family of 10

Recent Entries
It must suck to be married to me sometimes
Oh, the CRYING!!!
Who said everything has to have a purpose???

Search


Monthly Archives
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
June 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007

Miscellaneous

Moms for Modesty


Subscribe with Bloglines

National Blog Posting Month


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Saturday, January 14, 2006
I want to go bowling!!
OK, not necessarily, but it's the thought that counts. We all went to town this afternoon to do some errands and shopping and then DH met some friends and they're going bowling and stuff tonight. I drove home by myself with the kids and put them to bed (well, A's still crying) and now have to unload the groceries.

I can't hardly imagine what it would be like to just GO and DO things just because the opportunity presented itself. Ha ha, it would be a cold day somewhere before I could just decide to meet friends in town and send DH home with the kids and groceries. And that's fine, I'm nursing A so of course I have to go with her, and actually if they were bigger DH would probably encourage me to do just that (he really does try to let me have time to myself). But I would still have to organize it, get all their PJs out and everything, tell him exactly how to do it, and then when I got home I would hear about wow, how do you do this all the time? And then I feel guilty for him having to do it for one night. So in the end, it's easier not to.

And honestly I don't mind that he's out with friends. Honest. If I had wanted him to come home I would have said so. Yes, I have to do bedtime and groceries by myself, but then I get the evening to myself. Happiness is.

Well, if A ever stops crying...

 
posted at 8:05 PM  
  2 comments


2 Comments:
At January 14, 2006 9:55 PM, Anonymous Erin said...

Hi Dawn!

I'm really glad you started a blog...it will be fun to read about you and the kids and DH up there in Canada.

I can completely relate to how things are easier to do them yourself, as well as to how you just wish DH would spend time with Gavin. Poor P always wants to see Daddy when he's not home during the week (4 out of 6 nights this week, he's missed bedtime), so I just with J would play with P on the weekends, and he always wants to do projects around the house because I complain about how much of a mess it is and how I need more help. *sigh* There's just no winning, but I do actually wish that he'd realize that spending time with P is way more important than whatever project he's doing.

 
At January 15, 2006 4:14 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Thanks for the post, Erin! (And in the middle of your exciting birthday evening, yet!) I'm already finding this blogging very therapeutic - sometimes I just need to 'say' something and get it out and then I can move on. And sometimes it's best if I don't actually say it to those who are involved! :)

I'm sorry you have the same issues with J not being home in the evenings and wanting him to spend time with Patrick. Greg's a wonderful daddy, though, I think it's just something we're going to always have to be wrestling with.

'See' you around!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home