All About Me
Dawn - edging ever closer to 30, although I still feel like I'm 21. :) I'm married to a youth pastor ('Big G'), and have THREE wonderful kids: a five year-old son ('Little G'), a just turned two year-old daughter ('A'), and our newest little girl blessing, Baby R, was born May 28/07!! They keep me hopping as I juggle them, my WAH part-time job as an accountant, being a pastor's wife, and of course hobbies like quilting, scrapbooking, and blogging!

My Complete Profile

More about this blog


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Family Friendly Blogroll []

Blogs I Read
PCOS Baby
Julia
Callapidder Days
Rocks in My Dryer
Life in a Shoe: The Methods and Madness of One Family of 10

Recent Entries
School days
Things they don't teach in school
My poor sweet little boy
Thankful thoughts
Overcommittedness... is that a word?
I want to go bowling!!
It must suck to be married to me sometimes
Oh, the CRYING!!!
Who said everything has to have a purpose???

Search


Monthly Archives
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
June 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007

Miscellaneous

Moms for Modesty


Subscribe with Bloglines

National Blog Posting Month


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Sunday, January 22, 2006
My get up and go just got up and left
Why oh why am I sooo unmotivated these days??? I am intermittently frustrated throughout the day because I'm unable to get anything accomplished (well, other than changing, feeding, cleaning, cooking, playing, and reading to two small children) but once the kids are in bed, I turn into some kind of gelatinous mass of inactivity. My husband would scoff at the suggestion that I am lazy and don't accomplish much, but for a Type A personality like myself, anything more than about 3.7 seconds spent doing fewer than five things at a time is considered pure slothfulness.

And it's certianly not for lack of things to do. For example, here are the things that I really should be doing right now rather than sitting on the computer playing
Snood (big thanks to Erin for hooking me on it, by the way!) ;)
  1. Tidy the house. It's not a disaster but could definitely use picking up in several rooms.
  2. Fold and put away the basket and a half of laundry sitting on our bed. (Which, btw, I will probably end up taking off the bed and putting on the floor in order to go to bed tonight.)
  3. Read the QuickBooks manual so I can help a friend set up the books for her business. (If anyone asks, I hate QuickBooks, love Simply Accounting, but that's because I'm an accountant I think.)
  4. Exercise. I ran on the treadmill last night so I'm consoling myself with the fact that maybe I should only run every other day to avoid injury.
  5. Write or email any one of about ten different people I haven't talked to in a long time and really need to touch base with.
  6. Organize my scrapbooking supplies and put them in one of those rolling drawer things so I can move them around or bring them upstairs easily. I did a lot of pages right after Abby was born, but none lately and I need to catch up before I get totally overwhelmed.
  7. Work on the basement - I want to paint it, which involves taking off wallpaper, washing walls, filling holes, stripping and painting doors, etc. So far I have painted the closet doors which open into the laundry room. Wow.

There are many more, but that's a start. But I can't seem to move. I'm not overly tired, just don't feel like doing anything. Maybe it's possible that I'm feeling so overwhelmed with the huge list of things that need to be done that I'm just shutting down and aren't able to do any of them.

Or maybe I am just lazy.

***UPDATE*** There. I just went downstairs and tidied my craft/sewing room, and put all my scrapbooking stuff in the rolling drawers (which involved taking the fabric that was in them out and into another bin, of course taking time to look at all the fabric and dream about the day when I will actually make the quilts that I bought the fabric for!) Now I'm going to make myself a snack, I deserve it. ;)


 
posted at 7:56 PM  
  2 comments


2 Comments:
At January 24, 2006 6:44 PM, Anonymous Erin said...

Ha, told you! The power of Snood is unstoppable.

If it makes you feel better, mine "get up and go" has been gone for a good long while also.

 
At January 25, 2006 2:35 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Erin! You of the massive dissertation, I think you should get a 'get up and go' award, lol! But I guess that's a 'have-to' do thing, so it doesn't count.
Here's hoping we both get a little more motivated soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home