All About Me
Dawn - edging ever closer to 30, although I still feel like I'm 21. :) I'm married to a youth pastor ('Big G'), and have THREE wonderful kids: a five year-old son ('Little G'), a just turned two year-old daughter ('A'), and our newest little girl blessing, Baby R, was born May 28/07!! They keep me hopping as I juggle them, my WAH part-time job as an accountant, being a pastor's wife, and of course hobbies like quilting, scrapbooking, and blogging!

My Complete Profile

More about this blog


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Family Friendly Blogroll []

Blogs I Read
PCOS Baby
Julia
Callapidder Days
Rocks in My Dryer
Life in a Shoe: The Methods and Madness of One Family of 10

Recent Entries
The wonder of the internet
A few 'administrative' notes...
I am Dawn, the Domestic Diva
My get up and go just got up and left
School days
Things they don't teach in school
My poor sweet little boy
Thankful thoughts
Overcommittedness... is that a word?
I want to go bowling!!

Search


Monthly Archives
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
June 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007

Miscellaneous

Moms for Modesty


Subscribe with Bloglines

National Blog Posting Month


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Friday, February 10, 2006
How has it been TWO WEEKS?!?
Good grief, it's been two weeks since I've posted here?!? I apologize to all my faithful readers (um, I do have some, right?) ;) As I mentioned before, we were away for a week (the conference went well, even with Abby), and then when we got back things were crazy for a few days here. While we were gone our new A/V computer had arrived at the church, so we had that to set up, plus the renovation of our church foyer had started, which meant the old nursery had been demolished and I had to move everything down to the new nursery downstairs. And then Monday night I woke up with the flu that seems to be going around here. Gavin and I were both sick Tuesday, which was not fun - it's always when I'm sick that I realize how dependent babies really are. It doesn't matter how sick I am, I HAVE to get up and somehow feed and change Abby or she wouldn't survive. It actually frightens me in times like that - I have no idea how single parents do it, or women who get severe morning sickness. I was only by myself for half a day (DH's job fortunately gives him enough flexibility that he took the afternoon off to help) but even that long was very difficult.

Gavin's take on the flu? When he woke up Tuesday morning, DH asked him how he was feeling, and Gavin said "Not very good. My tummy got very little and some yucky stuff almost came out of my mouth." I thought that was a pretty good description! He only threw up twice and seems to have recovered very quickly, although he does seem to be emotionally attached to his barf bucket now. Oy. He wants to sleep with it still and everything ("in case I need to spit in the nighttime, Mommy").

On that lovely note, I must close for now. We're off to an elder's retreat this weekend, so I'm busy packing for us and Abby (who of course comes with us), and for Gavin who is staying with some friends of ours. Seems like a lot of work for two days! Again, sorry for my long absence and I promise to be more regular!

 
posted at 12:21 PM  
  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home