All About Me
Dawn - edging ever closer to 30, although I still feel like I'm 21. :) I'm married to a youth pastor ('Big G'), and have THREE wonderful kids: a five year-old son ('Little G'), a just turned two year-old daughter ('A'), and our newest little girl blessing, Baby R, was born May 28/07!! They keep me hopping as I juggle them, my WAH part-time job as an accountant, being a pastor's wife, and of course hobbies like quilting, scrapbooking, and blogging!

My Complete Profile

More about this blog


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Family Friendly Blogroll []

Blogs I Read
PCOS Baby
Julia
Callapidder Days
Rocks in My Dryer
Life in a Shoe: The Methods and Madness of One Family of 10

Recent Entries
I'm quilting again!
Business ideas
Playdates
What a cutie!
The 'Cheerios Stage'
Do I even have time for work?
Lucky #100!
Children running wild
How has it been TWO WEEKS?!?
The wonder of the internet

Search


Monthly Archives
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
June 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007

Miscellaneous

Moms for Modesty


Subscribe with Bloglines

National Blog Posting Month


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Sunday, March 05, 2006
Another big step
Today I left A for five whole hours while I went with a group of people from church to a seminar about 1/2 hour away! This is the longest I have ever left her in her whole almost eight-month long life. I debated back and forth with myself (I'm very good at this) about whether or not I should bring her, but finally decided that the emotional trauma of leaving her didn't outweight the benefit of not having her with me. I'm definitely not ready to have a teenage babysitter watch both the kids, so I had one babysitter here for Little G and took A to a friend's.

She behaved fairly well apparently, although she did miss me. She wasn't sleeping when I got there, my friend was rocking with her in the living room and she was just cuddling. I brought her home and put her in her room in her carseat, thinking I would just make sure everyone's ride was arranged (I had a bunch of youth with me at the seminar) and then I'd go get her, but I guess she fell asleep right away. She's still sleeping there now, an hour later - I'm sure she was exhausted since she was still awake almost two hours past her bedtime. I'm now hoping the messed-up schedule won't make her night miserable, as it usually does. I'm going to nurse her soon (I'm feeling rather, um, full) and put her in her crib for the night and just hope she sleeps normally.

So today was yet another step in my baby starting to grow up. :)

 
posted at 9:48 PM  
  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home