All About Me
Dawn - edging ever closer to 30, although I still feel like I'm 21. :) I'm married to a youth pastor ('Big G'), and have THREE wonderful kids: a five year-old son ('Little G'), a just turned two year-old daughter ('A'), and our newest little girl blessing, Baby R, was born May 28/07!! They keep me hopping as I juggle them, my WAH part-time job as an accountant, being a pastor's wife, and of course hobbies like quilting, scrapbooking, and blogging!

My Complete Profile

More about this blog


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Family Friendly Blogroll []

Blogs I Read
PCOS Baby
Julia
Callapidder Days
Rocks in My Dryer
Life in a Shoe: The Methods and Madness of One Family of 10

Recent Entries
I feel like I don't fit anywhere in cyberspace
'I don't like school'
Win a FREE blog design!
School days
*Ü* Um, I'm back?!?
Swimming lesson update
How do they know how to push our buttons so soon??...
You'd think the accountants could get it right
I've got a blog, you've got a blog, everyone...
How sad is this???

Search


Monthly Archives
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
June 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007

Miscellaneous

Moms for Modesty


Subscribe with Bloglines

National Blog Posting Month


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Thursday, September 21, 2006
Good friends are such a blessing
And we are so blessed with many good friends.

I went to a friend's house this morning to help her with her year-end bookkeeping (they just started a new company this year so this is her first time doing year-end stuff). This couple has been very special to us since we stayed at their house four years ago when we candidated at this church. I spent the morning helping her, while she and her husband doted on A, then she went and picked Little G up at school for me. Her husband called Big G and asked him to come over and join us for lunch there. She cooked up a storm for us, a good Mennonite dinner of perogies and sausage. :) It was a wonderful day of fellowship.

I got in the van to go home and quickly noticed that my gas gauge, which had been on nearly empty when I arrived there, was now totally full - she had filled up our van with gas when she went to town to pick up Little G! I called her on my cell to give her a hard time about it, and when I offered to pay her, she said no way (of course), and I just burst out crying! I was as surprised as she was, lol, but I just suddenly felt such deep gratitude for friends who care for us so much. She of course felt awful that I was crying, and was trying to explain that they feel like they never do anything for us and just wanted to help out in a small way. Hello? We feel like they are always doing things for us! Just this week her husband built the stairs for our deck at his place and brought them over and installed them for us!

Maybe it's just an example of how our relationships with our brothers and sisters in Christ should be - all of us giving of ourselves to each other in love. I can say that it's very cool to have friends like that and we are so thankful.

Labels: ,


 
posted at 2:31 PM  
  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home