All About Me
Dawn - edging ever closer to 30, although I still feel like I'm 21. :) I'm married to a youth pastor ('Big G'), and have THREE wonderful kids: a five year-old son ('Little G'), a just turned two year-old daughter ('A'), and our newest little girl blessing, Baby R, was born May 28/07!! They keep me hopping as I juggle them, my WAH part-time job as an accountant, being a pastor's wife, and of course hobbies like quilting, scrapbooking, and blogging!

My Complete Profile

More about this blog


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Family Friendly Blogroll []

Blogs I Read
PCOS Baby
Julia
Callapidder Days
Rocks in My Dryer
Life in a Shoe: The Methods and Madness of One Family of 10

Recent Entries
'I don't like school'
Win a FREE blog design!
School days
*Ü* Um, I'm back?!?
Swimming lesson update
How do they know how to push our buttons so soon??...
You'd think the accountants could get it right
I've got a blog, you've got a blog, everyone...
How sad is this???
Swimming lessons

Search


Monthly Archives
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
June 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007

Miscellaneous

Moms for Modesty


Subscribe with Bloglines

National Blog Posting Month


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Wednesday, September 20, 2006
I feel like I don't fit anywhere in cyberspace
OK, not the worst problem one could have, but it's been niggling at me from the back of my mind somewhere lately. I often find myself reading the blogs of homeschooling moms, as I really feel like I would like to homeschool our kids some day, and yet many of them seem to be girls all in long skirts and long hair, isolated from the 'world' type of homeschoolers, which I would so not be. In some ways I feel connected with them, but enough things are different to feel like they would not understand me, that perhaps they'd even shun me for not believing all the same things they do.

I read the blogs of several women struggling with infertility, most of whom I found through friends from another message board and links on their blogs. It's easy to get very involved in these women's stories, and I feel very deeply for them, but as infertility is not an issue we have had to deal with, I feel almost guilty for my two children (and hopefully more to come).

Do you think there are any Christian, pro-homeschooling, conservative in doctrine but not in dress/home/cooking bloggers out there?!? I'm sure there are, I just need to find them!

 
posted at 12:56 PM  
  3 comments


3 Comments:
At September 20, 2006 1:40 PM, Blogger Kim C. said...

Dawn,
Don't despair. We may wear mostly skirts in our house (more and more all the time) but most of our friends and family live in jeans.
And our bread is store-bought. Does that makes you feel better?
Actually, I think we're the "weird" ones, but we'd love to be your friends if you want to be ours. We're all on the same team, right?

 
At September 20, 2006 8:25 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Kim - thanks so much for your comment. I'm afraid I've had a few bad experiences with people who were very judgmental and condemning of those not exactly like them, so that's where my fear is coming from.

I would love to be your friend! (And yes, strangely enough, I do feel better that your bread is store bought!)

 
At September 24, 2006 2:37 PM, Blogger tiessen clan o five said...

ok
I just posted at your most recent post and am now reading down your sight. I also feel a connction to these homeschool bloggers even though I don't necessarily connect with them on other levels. We sometimes make bread in our bread maker, but I can't live with out the Gap, Old Navy, american Eagle, Jacob and my STARBUCKS . ok this is my truly shallow nature coming through. Here our 2 of my favorite blogs that happen to be homeschool moms too. inthemidstofit.blogspot.com. Also if you go to google, google the name Kelli Crowe. That will take you to her blog. Sorry I don't have the address.
Tricia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home