All About Me
Dawn - edging ever closer to 30, although I still feel like I'm 21. :) I'm married to a youth pastor ('Big G'), and have THREE wonderful kids: a five year-old son ('Little G'), a just turned two year-old daughter ('A'), and our newest little girl blessing, Baby R, was born May 28/07!! They keep me hopping as I juggle them, my WAH part-time job as an accountant, being a pastor's wife, and of course hobbies like quilting, scrapbooking, and blogging!

My Complete Profile

More about this blog


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Family Friendly Blogroll []

Blogs I Read
PCOS Baby
Julia
Callapidder Days
Rocks in My Dryer
Life in a Shoe: The Methods and Madness of One Family of 10

Recent Entries
*Ü* Um, I'm back?!?
Swimming lesson update
How do they know how to push our buttons so soon??...
You'd think the accountants could get it right
I've got a blog, you've got a blog, everyone...
How sad is this???
Swimming lessons
Another big step
I'm quilting again!
Business ideas

Search


Monthly Archives
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
June 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007

Miscellaneous

Moms for Modesty


Subscribe with Bloglines

National Blog Posting Month


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Friday, September 15, 2006
School days
Little G started Junior Kindergarten last Friday at the local Catholic school - it's a half-day speech and language program. I think I had posted before that I was really struggling with the decision whether to send him or not, but in the end I decided not to. Confused? Yeah, me too.

While we were on vacation in August we got a message from the Kindergarten teacher saying she was looking forward to meeting Little G and letting us know when his first day would be, etc. That of course put me in a state since I had already agonized over my decision - and now somehow they thought he was registered!

Long story short (aren't you grateful?), Big G and I talked about it all the way home and decided it was at least worth a try. Honestly I agreed kind of reluctantly, since I couldn't come up with any good reasons why not to, just that I was afraid that deciding to send him now would mean the decision was made for all of eternity to keep him in school. So the 'deal' I made was that we could approach the whole school decision fresh again next summer, and Big G wasn't 'allowed' to use the argument that this year went fine, why change anything.

Little G's really enjoying school for the most part - yesterday and today he did initially say that he didn't want to go, although he had a great time once he was there. The teacher is wonderful and I love that their 'nature' station (birds' nest, different leaves, etc) says "Look at the neat things God made!" and that they pray each day to start and end the class. But still I'm uncomfortable. The thought of him spending the majority of his days there for the next ten years makes me want to cry. I feel like homeschooling has been put on my heart and it would be wonderful for our kids, but there is the nagging doubt that maybe I'm just an attached mother having a hard time with my child starting school just like everyone does and I should get over it instead of 'reacting' by wanting to homeschool.

I don't know. Meanwhile, I'm taking him to and from school in the snow (yes, SNOW on September 15!). It's really not that fun, especially when Big G isn't home and I have to load up A too.

Labels: ,


 
posted at 4:16 PM  
  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home