All About Me
Dawn - edging ever closer to 30, although I still feel like I'm 21. :) I'm married to a youth pastor ('Big G'), and have THREE wonderful kids: a five year-old son ('Little G'), a just turned two year-old daughter ('A'), and our newest little girl blessing, Baby R, was born May 28/07!! They keep me hopping as I juggle them, my WAH part-time job as an accountant, being a pastor's wife, and of course hobbies like quilting, scrapbooking, and blogging!

My Complete Profile

More about this blog


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Family Friendly Blogroll []

Blogs I Read
PCOS Baby
Julia
Callapidder Days
Rocks in My Dryer
Life in a Shoe: The Methods and Madness of One Family of 10

Recent Entries
Yay for me! I'm a geek!
A holiday meme to get into the spirit of things......
Ahhhh...a quiet Monday morning. Little G's at scho...
I think I'm coming out of my hole...
So tired...
We're home
Leaving tomorrow
On the lighter side...
Things get messy
My discourse on homeschooling

Search


Monthly Archives
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
June 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007

Miscellaneous

Moms for Modesty


Subscribe with Bloglines

National Blog Posting Month


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Wednesday, November 29, 2006
This makes me so angry!
I found this article today and it just got me so fired up! It is just so ridiculous that kids as young as nine or 10 are carrying cell phones and going on 'dates'! It seems like most parents are just resigning themselves to this as 'the way kids are these days' and refuse to fight against it. It is just wrong in my opinion - these are children, for heaven's sake!

This is definitely a factor in my wanting to homeschool my kids - it is hard to expect them to play with dolls and dress like the children they are when they are surrounded for the majority of their day with foul mouths, silly talk about the opposite sex, and clothes and music that I'm not sure are appropriate for *any* age, let alone elementary school kids. I want my children to enjoy their childhood and not be exposed to incessant influences way beyond their years. No, I don't intend to shelter them from 'the world' forever, nor do I not ever want them to grow up; but I will not allow them to experience those things at an age when they are still cognitively and emotionally children and not able to handle and process those types of ideas properly.

Here's the article if anyone's interested in what's gotten me so riled up today!

 
posted at 2:16 PM  
  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home