All About Me
Dawn - edging ever closer to 30, although I still feel like I'm 21. :) I'm married to a youth pastor ('Big G'), and have THREE wonderful kids: a five year-old son ('Little G'), a just turned two year-old daughter ('A'), and our newest little girl blessing, Baby R, was born May 28/07!! They keep me hopping as I juggle them, my WAH part-time job as an accountant, being a pastor's wife, and of course hobbies like quilting, scrapbooking, and blogging!

My Complete Profile

More about this blog


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Family Friendly Blogroll []

Blogs I Read
PCOS Baby
Julia
Callapidder Days
Rocks in My Dryer
Life in a Shoe: The Methods and Madness of One Family of 10

Recent Entries
WFMW - Bloglines
Make it last all year
Am I going to be "THAT" mom?!?
Thursday Thirteen - edition #1!
Messing with my schedule
This is the first time I've participated in 'In O...
Christmas card? CHECK!
And there was much rejoicing
A Christmas thought
This makes me so angry!

Search


Monthly Archives
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
June 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007

Miscellaneous

Moms for Modesty


Subscribe with Bloglines

National Blog Posting Month


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Thursday, December 21, 2006
Thursday Thirteen #2 - What I Want for Christmas

With Christmas coming in just five days (what, you haven't finished your shopping yet???) I thought I'd do a Thursday 13 on what I want for Christmas. These are all non-material items that can't actually be purchased, and I'm not including 'givens' such as world peace, no more poverty, etc. This is just my personal wish list for myself and those in my life. In no particular order, here goes...

1 - My sister and her boyfriend to be 'cured' of their drug addictions and be able to live as a happily ever after family.

2 - An end to morning sickness for my good friend K - this is her second, she's about 12 weeks along and is on ridiculous amounts of drugs which barely take the edge off according to her. They'd love to have more than two, but she says this will be it because of how sick she gets.

3 - My parents to once and for all deal with all their issues and hurts from the past so there isn't all kinds of tension coming up when the family's together. (This has gotten immeasurably better in the last year, but hey, it's my wish list!)

4 - Six-inch width hardwood floors for my friend's new house - it's not that they can't afford it, just that her husband is set on 1 3/4 inch slats... Or at least a compromise around four inches somewhere!

5 - My friend A's boyfriend to propose to her. They've been dating six years and even though he totally breaks down when she suggests spending time apart if he's not ready...he still can't seem to commit and just ask her to marry him. Apparently his dad took eight years to propose to his mom, so I don't know if that bodes well....

6 - Good roads for all the driving we're doing around Christmas.

7 - Happy kids (my two plus my niece) during those six-hour road trips to my parents' and back!

8 - A relatively easy pregnancy and a safe and natural delivery of this baby.

9 - An extra dose of encouragement and strength for Big G as he deals with so much in his job.

10 - A low tax bill for the friends I help with their bookkeeping - it's not a reflection on me, but it's their first year in business and I don't want them collapsing from the shock of the bill!

11 - Okay, this one is sort of material...a better financial situation for our family. We obviously need to make and be more rigid about a budget because money just seems to disappear out of here and we're starting to get a bit behind. It's frustrating because on paper it doesn't seem like it should be a problem to live within our means.

12 - More work for my friend M's husband who is a welder. We're in oil country up here and things are still booming, just not quite as crazily as they have been, so lots of people are having a pretty slow winter.

13 - Strength and no ongoing health problems for a friend's little baby girl who was born five weeks premature. They just came home from the hospital a few days ago - I think baby's up to five pounds one ounce now.

Labels: ,


 
posted at 7:54 AM  
  4 comments


4 Comments:
At December 21, 2006 8:13 AM, Blogger Mama Duck said...

Wonderful wishes indeed, I hope they all are given to you for Christmas!

 
At December 21, 2006 8:40 AM, Anonymous Chickadee said...

I will keep your sister and her boyfriend in my thoughts. I hope you are getting help too. It's hard to watch a loved one struggle with an addiction...I've been there.

My 13 are up.

 
At December 21, 2006 9:13 AM, Blogger K T Cat said...

I did a similar list on my TT.

http://ktcatspost.blogspot.com/2006/12/thursday-thirteen-christmas-list.html

I hope you get the family wishes for sure. Issues like that can really bring down the holidays.

 
At December 21, 2006 12:05 PM, Blogger Allie said...

I'll add everyone to my prayer list for tonight. Nice 13...very considerate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home