Thursday, December 14, 2006
Thursday Thirteen - edition #1!
Here it is...my very first Thursday Thirteen!
1. It is almost 11:00 in the morning and I am still in my PJs. Showered, but not dressed. What's the point when nothing fits?!?
2. It is what, 11 days until Christmas and I have almost no presents bought.
3. This is partly my fault since we've been so busy, but my family has yet to send me their lists, so I'm not taking all the blame!
4. I still haven't finished my Christmas letter, I'm just way too hung up on making it perfect and it just doesn't seem to have that 'spark' yet.
5. We've only received about four or five Christmas cards/letters so far, even though we send out more than 100.
6. I really don't care how many we receive, that's not why I send ours out.
7. I really really hate how we lose touch with friends when we move away, despite our promises to stay in contact.
8. I think a lot about when/if we leave here and how I can't imagine not being in touch with my dear friends here, and yet I know it will probably happen.
9. For a woman, especially, I hate talking on the phone. I almost never call friends up just to chat - I think it seems like a waste of time to me.
10. I also screen our calls, even when it's a friend calling, if I'm not 'in the mood' I won't answer it. And if I don't recognize the number, I never answer.
11. My husband HATES that I screen calls. He answers everything.
12. I laugh at him when he gets stuck on the phone with a telemarketer that I told him he shouldn't answer.
13. I had a hard time thinking of my first Thursday 13!!!!