All About Me
Dawn - edging ever closer to 30, although I still feel like I'm 21. :) I'm married to a youth pastor ('Big G'), and have THREE wonderful kids: a five year-old son ('Little G'), a just turned two year-old daughter ('A'), and our newest little girl blessing, Baby R, was born May 28/07!! They keep me hopping as I juggle them, my WAH part-time job as an accountant, being a pastor's wife, and of course hobbies like quilting, scrapbooking, and blogging!

My Complete Profile

More about this blog


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Family Friendly Blogroll []

Blogs I Read
PCOS Baby
Julia
Callapidder Days
Rocks in My Dryer
Life in a Shoe: The Methods and Madness of One Family of 10

Recent Entries
Messing with my schedule
This is the first time I've participated in 'In O...
Christmas card? CHECK!
And there was much rejoicing
A Christmas thought
This makes me so angry!
Yay for me! I'm a geek!
A holiday meme to get into the spirit of things......
Ahhhh...a quiet Monday morning. Little G's at scho...
I think I'm coming out of my hole...

Search


Monthly Archives
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
June 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007

Miscellaneous

Moms for Modesty


Subscribe with Bloglines

National Blog Posting Month


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Thursday, December 14, 2006
Thursday Thirteen - edition #1!

Here it is...my very first Thursday Thirteen!

1. It is almost 11:00 in the morning and I am still in my PJs. Showered, but not dressed. What's the point when nothing fits?!?

2. It is what, 11 days until Christmas and I have almost no presents bought.

3. This is partly my fault since we've been so busy, but my family has yet to send me their lists, so I'm not taking all the blame!

4. I still haven't finished my Christmas letter, I'm just way too hung up on making it perfect and it just doesn't seem to have that 'spark' yet.

5. We've only received about four or five Christmas cards/letters so far, even though we send out more than 100.

6. I really don't care how many we receive, that's not why I send ours out.

7. I really really hate how we lose touch with friends when we move away, despite our promises to stay in contact.

8. I think a lot about when/if we leave here and how I can't imagine not being in touch with my dear friends here, and yet I know it will probably happen.

9. For a woman, especially, I hate talking on the phone. I almost never call friends up just to chat - I think it seems like a waste of time to me.

10. I also screen our calls, even when it's a friend calling, if I'm not 'in the mood' I won't answer it. And if I don't recognize the number, I never answer.

11. My husband HATES that I screen calls. He answers everything.

12. I laugh at him when he gets stuck on the phone with a telemarketer that I told him he shouldn't answer.

13. I had a hard time thinking of my first Thursday 13!!!!

Labels: ,


 
posted at 10:52 AM  
  10 comments


10 Comments:
At December 14, 2006 11:12 AM, Blogger Rashenbo said...

Yay! Welcome to the TT! It's so much fun. And, you've got a great list to start things off.

Cheers!

 
At December 14, 2006 11:18 AM, Blogger ...my 2 cents said...

Welcome to Thursday Thirteen!

I screen calls all the time too. Too many years of working at a job, where I had to always answer the phone, left me with a dislike for even my home and cell phones. I answer only, if and when, I feel like it.

A great list!

 
At December 14, 2006 11:28 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I hate talking on the phone too. And it is 12:30 and I am STILL in my pajamas, so I laughed at that one. Have a great Thursday!

 
At December 14, 2006 12:02 PM, Blogger Dixiechick said...

Welcome to Thursday Thirteen! Your first post is excellent!

I know exactly what you mean about not having many presents bought... I've got to get on the stick or Christmas will be here before I know it.

Mines up! http://dixies-heartandsoul.blogspot.com

 
At December 14, 2006 12:22 PM, Anonymous Cheeky said...

Welcome to TT! You did a great job for your first one - they get easier with time.

I played too

 
At December 14, 2006 12:27 PM, Anonymous Chickadee said...

Welcome to the 13!

I'm a big phone screener too. I HATE talking on the phone and I also will not answer it if I'm not in the mood, even if it's a friend.

My 13 are up.

 
At December 14, 2006 12:41 PM, Blogger Bubba said...

Welcome to the TT! There are some really funny things on there!

I answer almost everything...and if it is a telemarketer, I just copy my ex-wife's saying: "I'm amish. I don't believe in that."

Happy TT! Welcome to the fun!

 
At December 15, 2006 1:25 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Congrats on your first T13. They get easier as you go. Especially when you read everyone else's and steal (ahem) I mean, BORROW their great ideas!

 
At December 16, 2006 4:00 AM, Blogger amy said...

Great list..I wonder the same things..especially the card stuff

 
At December 16, 2006 1:12 PM, Anonymous Laughing Muse said...

Welcome in!

I screen calls from time to time. Whenever someone (usually Moms) asks me why I don't just answer it right away every time, I answer: the phone is there for -=my=- convenience, not me for its convenience.

Thinking of your lists may come more easily after you've done this a few times.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home