All About Me
Dawn - edging ever closer to 30, although I still feel like I'm 21. :) I'm married to a youth pastor ('Big G'), and have THREE wonderful kids: a five year-old son ('Little G'), a just turned two year-old daughter ('A'), and our newest little girl blessing, Baby R, was born May 28/07!! They keep me hopping as I juggle them, my WAH part-time job as an accountant, being a pastor's wife, and of course hobbies like quilting, scrapbooking, and blogging!

My Complete Profile

More about this blog


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Family Friendly Blogroll []

Blogs I Read
PCOS Baby
Julia
Callapidder Days
Rocks in My Dryer
Life in a Shoe: The Methods and Madness of One Family of 10

Recent Entries
God has no in-laws, either
WFMW - digital picture organization/storage/sharin...
For Kelli
We've got some 'splainin to do...
Where MY Heart Is
Tada!!
WFMW - Eating well
Oh my.
WFMW - paper organization
The first step is admitting you have a problem...

Search


Monthly Archives
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
June 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007

Miscellaneous

Moms for Modesty


Subscribe with Bloglines

National Blog Posting Month


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Monday, January 22, 2007
Help, I've fallen!
It was 10:59am on Sunday morning. Most of the congregation were in their seats, waiting for the worship singing to begin. The youth worship team that I help with had just gone up on stage and were getting ready to start. One of the singers whispered to me to ask if I could grab her forgotten water bottle off the front pew for her. I went up the couple stairs on the stage and handed it to her, then turned to come back to the piano so we could get going.

Something went terribly wrong.

I'm still not sure whether I tripped on something or just had an episode of pregnant brain and forgot how to walk, but suddenly I somehow found myself launched forward and sliding down the stairs on my right knee, coming to land in very ungraceful fashion at the bottom (only after knocking over a small table, of course).

The church collectively gasped and I heard several "are you alright?"s as I quickly tried to regain my composure. I felt every eye on my back as I made my way to the piano as quickly as possible - I knew I had about five seconds to get there while the adrenaline surged through my veins before the pain kicked in. I sat down on my bench and, ignoring the anxious looks of my team, started right in to the first song.

I did manage to make it through the worship set, although there was a searing pain in my knee every time I depressed the pedal - and I tend to overpedal, so that was a lot! When I got up from the piano, my pants were kind of stuck to my knee, which upon investigation I learned was the result of a pretty serious oozing scrape. I didn't seem to have any other visible injuries, so I rejoined the service, again feeling everyone's eyes on me as I walked up to the front to sit with my husband (who hadn't even seen me fall and was confused why I was limping!).

I'm feeling much better today, although my knee is definitely bruised (on the inside, apparently, since I can't see much on the skin). I was worried yesterday that it was going to be a fairly long-term injury because if I sat down for even a few minutes, my whole leg was just throbbing up and down. Fortunately it vastly improved overnight and I think I'll be back to running (well, if I wanted to) by our trip to Breakforth this weekend!

 
posted at 10:12 AM  
  1 comments


1 Comments:
At January 28, 2007 8:16 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Oh my goodness...this morning a lady fell at church and broke her foot. How frightening. Hope things are better for you this week.

Blessings.

Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home