All About Me
Dawn - edging ever closer to 30, although I still feel like I'm 21. :) I'm married to a youth pastor ('Big G'), and have THREE wonderful kids: a five year-old son ('Little G'), a just turned two year-old daughter ('A'), and our newest little girl blessing, Baby R, was born May 28/07!! They keep me hopping as I juggle them, my WAH part-time job as an accountant, being a pastor's wife, and of course hobbies like quilting, scrapbooking, and blogging!

My Complete Profile

More about this blog


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Family Friendly Blogroll []

Blogs I Read
PCOS Baby
Julia
Callapidder Days
Rocks in My Dryer
Life in a Shoe: The Methods and Madness of One Family of 10

Recent Entries
Help, I've fallen!
God has no in-laws, either
WFMW - digital picture organization/storage/sharin...
For Kelli
We've got some 'splainin to do...
Where MY Heart Is
Tada!!
WFMW - Eating well
Oh my.
WFMW - paper organization

Search


Monthly Archives
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
June 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007

Miscellaneous

Moms for Modesty


Subscribe with Bloglines

National Blog Posting Month


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Tuesday, March 06, 2007
Party time!

Typical me - late to the party because I couldn't decide whether or not to come!

Hi there - are you enjoying the party so far? I'm having a great time meeting new people and visiting. Of course, I always do end up having fun even when I'm scared to death beforehand! That's me, I tend to be way too concerned with what people might think of me in a new situation and get myself all stressed out and worried, and 99% of the time, it turns out to be a lot of fun and I'm glad I made myself go!

I'm sure you're anxious to hit the snack table, so I'll keep my introduction short! I'm Dawn, a 20-something mom to G, my 'four years and ten months' loves-to-make-noise and loves-to-read firstborn son, A, my talking-like-crazy 19 month-old daughter who has more twinkle in her eyes than we know what to do with, and #3 (another girl, they tell us) due the very end of May! My husband's a youth pastor, so that tells you that our life operates around the youth group schedule, and we live in fairly northern Canada, where it is nothing at all resembling spring yet! (So I don't want to hear about the crocuses out in your neighborhood!)

Hey, how about I walk over to the food with you, okay? I'm sure we'll meet some new friends along the way. :) And come back and visit me anytime!

 
posted at 9:00 AM  
  21 comments


21 Comments:
At March 06, 2007 9:56 AM, Blogger Adventures In Babywearing said...

So glad you joined the party!!

Steph

 
At March 06, 2007 10:06 AM, Blogger Praying for your Prodigal said...

Welcome to the party. So nice to "meet" you.

Happy party-hopping!

diane

 
At March 06, 2007 10:11 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I can totally relate to be way too concerned about what people think of me, and then being So stressed about it!!! Once, I'm "warmed up" I'm fine, it's just a matter of taking the baby steps to "just do it" :)
Anyhow, thanks so much for inviting us to your party!!!

 
At March 06, 2007 10:28 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

Thanks for joining in....great party! Blessings

 
At March 06, 2007 10:59 AM, Blogger Erin said...

So glad you decided to come! Hope you have fun partying.

 
At March 06, 2007 11:02 AM, Blogger SolShine7 said...

Welcome to the party!! You've got a cool blog going on here. Stop by my blog for the chance to win a Switchfoot CD.

 
At March 06, 2007 11:50 AM, Blogger Ribbon Rock Star said...

Welcome to this wild and crazy party!

Linda

 
At March 06, 2007 12:25 PM, Anonymous scrapping Servant said...

Welcome to the party... oh my goodness that porch on your page looks totally cumfy and restfull!

 
At March 06, 2007 1:43 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Welcome to the party! I am glad to have stumbled upon your nice little blog. :D

 
At March 06, 2007 3:04 PM, Blogger Shash said...

Welcome fellow Canadian and party-goer. How far north are you 'cause we have tons of snow still and we're next to the great lakes. I can't wait for spring!!!!

 
At March 06, 2007 3:51 PM, Anonymous s@m said...

Hey hey my fellow Canuck! Welcome, gald you came - better late then never right.

I am very similar to you; if I don't want to do something, somes if I force myself, I am really glad I did.

 
At March 06, 2007 4:10 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

You make me glad I started at the bottom of the list and worked my way up. Looking forward to exploring your blog more. ~waving at you from the next province over~

 
At March 06, 2007 5:58 PM, Blogger Mommy Brain said...

Just doing some party hopping. Great to "meet" you. I'm also a twenty-something mom although I have 14 month old twin girls. Enjoy the party!

 
At March 06, 2007 6:20 PM, Blogger Monkey Giggles said...

Swinging in for the party!!! Nice to meet ya.

I am having my 4th..yes 4th party favor give-away. If ya get a chance come on over.

PARTY ON!!!!

 
At March 06, 2007 8:39 PM, Blogger Alexis Jacobs said...

Stopping in for the party! Nice to meet you :)

 
At March 07, 2007 7:07 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

Beautiful blog! I'm so glad you came to the party, and gave all of us a chance to meet you. I too am a Pastor's wife with 3 kids. Blessings!

 
At March 07, 2007 8:42 AM, Blogger LL said...

Hi there Dawn. I came for the party! My husband and I are youth pastors in Washington State. I can relate!

I'm currently working on my second novel and I am posting the first few pages of it on my blog. It's about a troubled 17 year old who is suicidal, but usually I post about all kinds of things - (Read the Ground Rules post first if you want to come over and read it though - so you know what you're getting)

Anyway, I wanted to encourage you today so have a great day! I love your blog and I'll be back!

 
At March 07, 2007 11:15 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

CONGRATS on your third little blessing
I have 3 kids 5 and under and it is chaotic but rewarding
Enjoy the rest of the party

 
At March 08, 2007 12:12 PM, Blogger Rean Day said...

Nice to meet you. I love your blog layout. I haven't gotten to the point of branching out in my layout, just changed a few colors here and there. Great party.

Rean Day

 
At March 08, 2007 2:18 PM, Anonymous jodi said...

I had to laugh at your opening line of being late to the party -- I just got around to writing my party post today. Sometimes it's not late to the party, it's just life getting in the way!

Anyway, nice to 'meet' you.

 
At March 12, 2007 10:37 PM, Blogger Brandie said...

Hello Dawn. Sorry I'm late! I completely know what you mean about being anxious and nervous, especially when meeting (and for me sometimes when seeing people I've known for a while!) new people.
I'm glad you joined the party though. Your blog is lovely =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home