All About Me
Dawn - edging ever closer to 30, although I still feel like I'm 21. :) I'm married to a youth pastor ('Big G'), and have THREE wonderful kids: a five year-old son ('Little G'), a just turned two year-old daughter ('A'), and our newest little girl blessing, Baby R, was born May 28/07!! They keep me hopping as I juggle them, my WAH part-time job as an accountant, being a pastor's wife, and of course hobbies like quilting, scrapbooking, and blogging!

My Complete Profile

More about this blog


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Family Friendly Blogroll []

Blogs I Read
PCOS Baby
Julia
Callapidder Days
Rocks in My Dryer
Life in a Shoe: The Methods and Madness of One Family of 10

Recent Entries
Getting in the mood...
Blessings
Inertia
Party time!
Help, I've fallen!
God has no in-laws, either
WFMW - digital picture organization/storage/sharin...
For Kelli
We've got some 'splainin to do...
Where MY Heart Is

Search


Monthly Archives
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
June 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007

Miscellaneous

Moms for Modesty


Subscribe with Bloglines

National Blog Posting Month


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Wednesday, March 14, 2007
WFMW - thankfulness in ALL circumstances!

We're all sick here this week - little G woke up Saturday morning and immediately asked for his bucket (this kid is amazing, he has never thrown up anywhere except buckets or toilets!), then as he was starting to feel better, A woke up throwing up on Monday morning. I crashed on Sunday night - I haven't had the stomach flu part of it yet, but have an awful head cold/cough/and now earache.

I'm sleeping downstairs to try and get better sleep and not disturb my husband as much, but last night consisted of brief periods of sleep interrupted by either coughing fits or waking up panicked because I couldn't breathe. And of course, being pregnant, I can't take anything except a little bit of Tylenol.

Yes, I am miserable. Yes, I wonder how much worse I will get and how I will be able to handle it without piles of cold medication! But...I am consciously trying to make the effort to be 'thankful in all circumstances.' Big G was supposed to be in Guinea, West Africa these first two weeks of March, but the trip was postponed due to instability in that country. I am so thankful that he is around to help me a little bit and take Little G to and from school still. I am thankful that the kids were mostly done the throwing up part of their illnesses before I started feeling so horrible. I am thankful for a dear lady who (without knowing I was sick) brought lunch over for us on Monday, which lasted for two days. I am thankful that A still naps most of the afternoon and Little G is pretty self-sufficient and will let me nap.

I try to keep repeating these things over and over to myself every time I'm on the brink of tears because I feel so yucky. Things could be so much worse. God is so good. No, it's not magically making me feel better, but my attitude is certainly much improved, and I know that I am doing my best to honor God even in this situation.

Labels:


 
posted at 9:05 AM  
  1 comments


1 Comments:
At March 14, 2007 1:37 PM, Blogger Cori said...

Aaawww, a post full of sweetness despite all the sickness. I so hope you are all feeling better soon.

It's all about the right attitude and you've got it girl. Take care and thanks for the reminder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home