All About Me
Dawn - edging ever closer to 30, although I still feel like I'm 21. :) I'm married to a youth pastor ('Big G'), and have THREE wonderful kids: a five year-old son ('Little G'), a just turned two year-old daughter ('A'), and our newest little girl blessing, Baby R, was born May 28/07!! They keep me hopping as I juggle them, my WAH part-time job as an accountant, being a pastor's wife, and of course hobbies like quilting, scrapbooking, and blogging!

My Complete Profile

More about this blog


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Family Friendly Blogroll []

Blogs I Read
PCOS Baby
Julia
Callapidder Days
Rocks in My Dryer
Life in a Shoe: The Methods and Madness of One Family of 10

Recent Entries
First tooth!
Yes / No...Don't Know?
A digital photographer's best friend
Wordless Wednesday - ready for solid food?!?
It's not fair!
5 going on 25??
I've got the reading blues
We're home!
You know that sick feeling in the pit of your stom...
And the winner is...

Search


Monthly Archives
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
June 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007

Miscellaneous

Moms for Modesty


Subscribe with Bloglines

National Blog Posting Month


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Tackle it Tuesday - the office!
Our house is not that large (I think around 1100 sq ft upstairs) but one of the features we really liked about our home when we bought it was that it had five bedrooms - which is getting more and more rare! They are mostly quite small, of course, but we figured we'd rather have more rooms if we were planning to have lots of kids rather than a couple of large rooms.

The most neglected room in the house has been the downstairs office/craft room/storage room. For probably the first two years we lived here, it was filled with boxes that we just hadn't gotten around to unpacking yet. *Ü* We finally cleaned that out, and set up the room as a craft room when I got into sewing. But over time it filled up again - it's the farthest room away in the basement, and it's just way too easy to put things there 'just for now,' which of course ends up being far longer.

When I was working at home after Miss A was born, I cleaned it up a little bit again so I had room to work. But since I've been on mat leave this time, the clutter has magically multiplied and I'm finding it hard to imagine working in there when I go back to work this month!

I'm posting these embarrassing pictures to inspire myself to GET IT DONE! I measured and discovered, to my great delight, that the wood bookshelf will actually fit behind the door (the door is hinged slightly away from the wall so there's about a foot behind it)! I am probably way too excited about that piece of information, but any time I can use some previously unusable space and hide things from view, that's a good thing in my eyes!

Here is the office before:




 
posted at 10:39 AM  
  2 comments


2 Comments:
At November 21, 2007 4:44 PM, Blogger ValleyGirl said...

Our office has exactly the same problem. Unfortunately, ours is on the main floor and if I forget to close the door, anyone who needs to use the bathroom gets to see what a disaster it is.

I've taken all sorts of 'before' pictures, but there's no way I'm posting them until I can post the 'after' ones, too!! What I'd like to understand is how the stacks of miscellaneous papers on the floor seem to be able to multiply by themselves...

 
At December 02, 2007 3:27 PM, Blogger Org Junkie said...

Hi Dawn! I came over to say thanks for stopping by today and I see your in organizing fever! What a great space and I'm sure it will be amazing when it is done!!

Laura

 

Post a Comment

<< Home